Writing a great illustrator resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own illustrator resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the illustrator job you're after.
email@example.com | (427) 566-8464 | Charleston, WV
I am an experienced illustrator who has worked on a variety of projects, from book covers to advertisements. I have a strong understanding of composition and color, and my work is often praised for its attention to detail. I am also comfortable working with clients to ensure that their vision is realized in the final product. In short, I am an extremely reliable and skilled professional who can be trusted to produce high-quality work.
Lead Illustrator at Adobe, WVMay 2022 - Present
- Led a team of 5 illustrators in creating illustrations for a 200-page book.
- Trained 3 new illustrators on the company’s style and processes.
- Increased efficiency by 30% through process improvements and streamlining communication between departments.
- Designed 50+ original characters that are now being used in the company’s products.
Senior Illustrator at Corel, WVJul 2021 - Apr 2022
- I increased sales by 25% through developing and executing creative marketing campaigns.
- I designed and illustrated 10+ characters for an educational children's book series, which are now being used in over 1,000 schools nationwide.
- I created 30+ unique illustrations for a coffee table book on the history of fashion that was published by a major publishing house.
- I won a competition to design the cover art for a nationally distributed magazine.
- My work has been featured in 5 solo exhibitions and 15+ group shows at galleries across the country.
Associate of Arts in Graphic Design at West Virginia UniversityAug 2016 - May 2021
Some skills I've learned are creating layouts, manipulating photos, and using design software such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, and Adobe Illustrator.
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- After Effects
firstname.lastname@example.org | (201) 522-1086 | Bloomington, MN
I am an experienced illustrator who has worked on a variety of projects, from creating illustrations for children's books to designing logos and marketing materials. I have a strong sense of design and an eye for detail, which allows me to create high-quality work that meets the needs of my clients. I am proactive and take direction well, making sure that all deadlines are met while still producing quality results.
Lead Illustrator at Adobe, MNMay 2022 - Present
- Led a team of 5 illustrators and completed 100 illustrations in 2 weeks.
- Trained 3 new illustrators on the company's style and process.
- Illustrated 50+ images for an e-commerce website.
- Created 30 vector illustrations for a children's book app.
- Designed 10 characters and 60 backgrounds for a mobile game.
- Made promotional materials (e-book covers, social media posts, etc.) for 20 different authors/clients.
Senior Illustrator at Apple, MNSep 2021 - Mar 2022
- Led a team of 4 junior illustrators in developing illustrations for a 200-page book.
- Trained 2 new hires in the company's illustration style and software.
- Developed 50+ unique illustrations for an e-commerce website.
- Illustrated a children's book that sold 10,000 copies.
- Created 100+ vector icons for a mobile app.
Associate of Arts in Graphic Design at Minneapolis College of Art and Design, MNAug 2016 - May 2021
Some skills I've learned are using industry standard software, such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign; effective communication with clients; and creative problem solving.
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Digital art
- Graphic design