Writing a great hair stylist resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own hair stylist resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the hair stylist job you're after.
email@example.com | (175) 403-9737 |
I am a hair stylist with over 1 year of experience. I have a passion for helping my clients look and feel their best. I specialize in cutting, coloring, and styling all types of hair. I am also experienced in performing Keratin treatments and other specialty services. I strive to create a relaxing and fun environment for my clients while providing them with the highest quality service possible.
Hair Stylist at Supercuts, CAMay 2022 - Present
- Cut and styled hair for an average of 20 clients per week.
- Trained 2 new stylists on proper cutting and styling techniques.
- Created custom color formulations for up to 10 clients per day.
- Performed weekly deep conditioning treatments on up to 5 clients.
- Successfully completed a 6-month apprenticeship program.
Hair Stylist Assistant at Great Clips, CAJul 2021 - Apr 2022
- Helped with shampooing and conditioning clients' hair.
- Assisted stylists in cutting, coloring, and styling hair.
- Performed general cleaning duties such as sweeping the floor and washing towels.
- Acted as a receptionist by answering phones and scheduling appointments.
- Greeted customers upon arrival at the salon.
High School Diploma at Pitzer College, CAAug 2017 - May 2021
I've learned how to study for and write exams, how to do research, and how to work with others in a group.
- Hair Cutting
- Hair Styling
- Hair Coloring
- Permanent Waves
- Chemical Relaxing and Straightening
- 7. Wigs and hairpieces
firstname.lastname@example.org | (304) 405-6728 | Hartford, CT
I have over 1 year of experience as a hair stylist. I am passionate about my work and take pride in providing excellent service to my clients. I specialize in cutting, coloring, and styling hair. I am also experienced in waxing services. I am knowledgeable about the latest trends and techniques in hair care, and strive to keep up with the latest styles. I am dedicated to providing each client with a personalized look that suits their individual style and needs
Hair Stylist at A Cut Above Hair Salon, CTJun 2022 - Present
- Cut and styled hair for an average of 15 clients per day.
- Trained new stylists on proper cutting and styling techniques.
- Mixed custom color formulas to achieve desired results for clients.
- Upsold salon services and products, resulting in a 20% increase in retail sales.
- Completed advanced training courses in balayage, ombre, and hair extensions.
Hair Stylist Assistant at Perfect Cuts Hair Salon, CTSep 2021 - May 2022
- Assisted head stylist with up to 4 clients per day.
- Shampooed and conditioned client’s hair according to company standards.
- Used various styling tools and products to style client’s hair as requested.
- Maintained cleanliness of workstation throughout the day.
- Kept a positive attitude with co-workers and clients.
High School Diploma at Hartford Public High School, Hartford, CTAug 2017 - May 2021
Some skills I've learned are time management, how to study for exams, and how to do research.
- Hair cutting
- Hair coloring
- Weaving Extensions