Writing a great general labor resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own general labor resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the general labor job you're after.
email@example.com | (353) 860-4409 | 1210 12th Avenue North, Fargo, North Dakota, USA
I am a highly motivated individual with over 1 year of experience in the General Labor field. I have a strong work ethic and take pride in my ability to get the job done efficiently and correctly. I am physically fit and able to lift heavy objects, as well as handle strenuous tasks. I have excellent communication skills and work well with others.
General Laborer at Walmart, NDMay 2022 - Present
- Picked up and delivered 10-15 packages per day on average.
- Loaded and unloaded trucks with shipments weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Maintained cleanliness of work area and equipment.
- Trained new employees on proper safety procedures.
- Assisted customers with questions or concerns.
- Completed daily paperwork accurately.
Laborer at Target, NDSep 2021 - Apr 2022
- Assisted in the construction of a three-story building - helped to lay the foundation, put up walls and ceiling beams, installed windows and doors.
- Paved a two-mile section of highway.
- Dug trenches for sewer lines.
- Cleared land for a new housing development - removed trees, stumps and large rocks.
- Set forms and poured concrete footings for a bridge.
- Mixed cement by hand or with portable mixers.
High School Diploma at Central High School, NDSep 2016 - May 2021
I've learned how to study for and take tests, how to do research, and how to write papers.
- Hard work
- The ability to follow instructions
- Teamwork skills
- Communication skills
- A positive attitude
firstname.lastname@example.org | (172) 263-7328 | Manchester, NH
I have over 1 year of experience in the field of general labor. I am a hard worker with a strong work ethic. I take pride in my work and always strive to do my best. I am reliable and trustworthy, and I always put the needs of others first. I am an excellent team player and can also work independently when needed.
General Laborer at McDonald's, NHMar 2022 - Present
- Maintained a clean and safe work environment.
- Loaded and unloaded trucks with heavy equipment.
- Paved roads and sidewalks.
- Mowed lawns and trimmed hedges.
- Removed snow from walkways.
Laborer at Burger King, NHJul 2021 - Mar 2022
- I increased productivity by 10% through process improvements I suggested.
- I saved the company $2,000 per month in supply costs by negotiating with vendors.
- I was recognized as Employee of the Month for my exceptional work ethic and commitment to safety.
- I completed my OSHA 30-hour certification.
- I led a team of 5 workers in completing a project ahead of schedule.
High School Diploma at Dover High School, Dover, NHAug 2017 - May 2021
I have learned to communicate effectively, to think critically, and to work collaboratively.
- Ability to lift heavy objects
- Ability to follow instructions
- Ability to work long hours
- Attention to detail
- Physical stamina
- Good communication skills