Writing a great furniture designer resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own furniture designer resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the furniture designer job you're after.
email@example.com | (701) 722-2131 | Anchorage, Alaska
I am an experienced Furniture Designer with over 5 years experience in the industry. I have worked on a variety of projects, both small and large scale, and have gained a wealth of knowledge and expertise in the field. I am highly creative and innovative, with a keen eye for detail and a passion for design. I am also highly organised and efficient, able to work to deadlines and within budget constraints. I pride myself on my ability to deliver high quality results that exceed client expectations.
Lead Furniture Designer at Ethan Allen, AKMay 2022 - Present
- Led the design of 50+ furniture products that achieved $5M in annual sales.
- Managed a team of 5 designers and 2 engineers to develop new product concepts.
- Researched, selected and specified materials for all furniture products.
- Created detailed engineering drawings using CAD software for production.
- Negotiated with suppliers to reduce costs by 10% on average per year.
Furniture Designer at La-Z-Boy, AKJul 2017 - Apr 2022
- Developed 50 new furniture designs that increased sales by 20%.
- Led a team of 5 designers in creating 100 new furniture pieces.
- Managed a budget of $100,000 for the development of new furniture designs.
- Negotiated with 10 different suppliers to secure materials for prototypes.
- Presented 20 design concepts to clients and received positive feedback on all proposals.
Associate of Arts in Furniture Design at University of AlaskaSep 2012 - May 2017
I have learned how to design and make furniture using various materials and methods.
- Furniture Making
- Finishing Techniques
firstname.lastname@example.org | (391) 431-2843 | Springdale, AR
I am a Furniture Designer with over 5 years of experience. I have worked on projects for both residential and commercial clients, and have a strong understanding of the design process from start to finish. My strengths lie in my ability to conceptualize ideas and translate them into functional designs that are aesthetically pleasing. I am also an expert in space planning and have a keen eye for detail, which allows me to create furniture pieces that are not only stylish but also meet the specific needs of my clients. In addition to being highly creative, I am also very organized and efficient in my work, which has resulted in consistent positive feedback from clients.
Lead Furniture Designer at IKEA, ARJun 2022 - Present
- Led the design of 50+ furniture pieces that achieved high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Exceeded sales goals by 15% through innovative design and marketing strategies.
- Cut production costs by 10% through streamlining processes and materials selection.
- Trained and mentored 3 junior designers, helping them to develop their skills and grow in their careers.
- Received 4 industry awards for excellence in furniture design.
- Published 2 articles on trends in furniture design.
Furniture Designer at Ashley Furniture, ARSep 2017 - Apr 2022
- Designed and created a line of furniture that was sold in stores across the country.
- Successfully designed and manufactured a prototypes for a new type of chair.
- Worked with wood, metal, fabric, and other materials to create unique pieces of furniture.
- Created both functional and stylish designs that were well-received by customers.
- Managed a team of up to 12 designers and assistants.
Associate of Arts in Furniture Design at University of ArkansasAug 2013 - May 2017
I have learned how to design, construct, and finish furniture using both traditional and modern methods and materials.
- Finishing Techniques (staining, painting, varnishing)