Freelance Art Director
Writing a great freelance art director resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own freelance art director resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the freelance art director job you're after.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (773) 394-3333 | Des Moines, IA
I am a highly experienced Freelance Art Director with over 8 years of industry experience. I specialize in creating compelling visuals for digital, print and broadcast media. I have a comprehensive knowledge of industry standards and practices, as well as a keen eye for detail. My creative approach to visual communication has enabled me to produce award-winning campaigns for clients within a variety of industries. I am also experienced in managing and leading creative teams, as well as managing budgets and timelines. I am a highly organized and reliable professional, possessing excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
Freelance Art Director at AdMedia Partners, IAMar 2022 - Present
- Lead a team of 5 in the design and development of an e-commerce website that generated $2 million in sales within 6 months.
- Successfully pitched and executed a rebranding campaign for a major airline that increased brand awareness by 15%.
- Created a series of print ads for a luxury car company that resulted in a 10% increase in sales.
- Designed and implemented an email marketing campaign that boosted open rates by 20% and click-through rates by 30%.
Senior Freelance Art Director at The Creative Group, IAAug 2021 - Mar 2022
- Led a team of 5 designers in creating an award-winning ad campaign for client XYZ.
- Increased web traffic to client ABC's website by 300% through innovative design and user experience strategy.
- Grew social media following for client LMNOP by 400% with engaging visuals and content calendar planning.
- Ideated and designed a new logo for company JKL that resulted in a 20% increase in brand recognition.
- Won 3 international design awards for individual projects.
Lead Freelance Art Director at Artisan Creative, IASep 2015 - Jun 2021
- Led a team of 12 designers in the development of 200+ SKUs for a new product launch.
- Defined and executed an art direction style guide that was used by the entire design team.
- Conceptualized, designed, and produced all packaging materials for 10 new products.
- Created graphic elements and layouts for print collateral, POS displays, trade show booths, website banner ads, email campaigns, and social media content.
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic Design at Drake University, IAAug 2010 - May 2015
Some skills I've learned are typography, layout, color theory, and branding.
- After Effects
- Premiere Pro
- Final Cut Pro
email@example.com | (149) 448-1280 | San Francisco, CA
As an experienced Freelance Art Director with over 8 years of hands-on experience, I have extensive knowledge of digital design, print production, multimedia, and branding. I have a proven track record of developing innovative and visually engaging campaigns that drive brand awareness, engagement, and customer loyalty. My expertise lies in designing and executing creative concepts, creating and implementing design solutions, and leading cross-functional teams. I am an expert in Adobe Creative Suite, and have a keen eye for detail, color, typography, and layout. With every project I take on, I strive to create a unique and memorable experience for the customer.
Freelance Art Director at R/GA, CAJun 2022 - Present
- Led a team of 5 designers in creating an advertising campaign that generated $2 million in sales.
- Designed a website for a client that received 1 million unique visitors per month.
- Created a logo for a company that was featured in Forbes magazine.
- Won an award for best design at the annual industry conference.
- Was asked to speak on a panel about design trends at the local university.
Senior Freelance Art Director at TBWA\Chiat\Day, CAAug 2019 - May 2022
- Led a team of 4 designers in creating the visual identity for a major tech company.
- Directed 20 photoshoots, including locations in Europe and Asia.
- Designed an award-winning annual report for a Fortune 500 company.
- Created an ad campaign that increased sales by 15% for a global fashion brand.
- Led art direction on 5 web redesigns that resulted in double-digit increases in traffic and engagement.
- Won 2 Gold Awards at the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity.
Lead Freelance Art Director at 72andSunny, CAAug 2015 - Jul 2019
- Led a team of 5 freelance artists to create 10 illustrations for a client in 2 weeks.
- Negotiated with clients on behalf of the company and secured 3 new contracts worth $15,000.
- Managed schedules and deadlines for 15 different projects at one time.
- Trained 2 new employees in design software and processes.
- Cut costs by 20% by sourcing local talent and negotiating better rates with vendors.
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic Design at California Institute of the ArtsAug 2011 - May 2015
Some skills I've learned are effective communication, time management, and problem solving.
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Graphic Design
- Layout and Composition
- Color Theory
- Image Editing/Retouching