Writing a great editorial assistant resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own editorial assistant resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the editorial assistant job you're after.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (786) 167-0464 | 798 Elm Street,
I am an experienced editorial assistant with over 1 year of experience working in the publishing industry. I have a keen eye for detail and a passion for writing, editing, and proofreading. I am proficient in InDesign, Photoshop, and Microsoft Office Suite. I am also knowledgeable in social media marketing and SEO techniques.
Editorial Assistant at The Boston Globe, MAMay 2022 - Present
- Wrote and edited 3 articles per week for the website.
- Monitored analytics to ensure that readership was maintained or increased with each article.
- Brainstormed ideas for new content with fellow editorial staff members.
- Wrote a monthly column on various topics related to the company's niche.
- Worked closely with designers and other team members to create an aesthetically pleasing final product.
- Assisted in proofreading articles before they were published.
Assistant Editorial Assistant at The Harvard Crimson, MASep 2021 - Apr 2022
- Wrote and edited articles for the website, averaging 10 articles per week.
- Monitored social media accounts for trending topics to write about.
- Assisted in planning and executing 3 successful webinars with over 1,000 attendees each.
- Generated new ideas for content through daily research of current industry news.
- Collaborated with team of 5 writers to ensure all deadlines were met.
- Managed editorial calendar and ensured timely publication of all content.
Associate's Degree in English at Cambridge Rindge and Latin School, Cambridge, MAAug 2017 - May 2021
I've learned how to read and analyze texts, write papers, and effectively communicate in writing and speaking.
- Organizational skills
email@example.com | (620) 921-5697 | Fairbanks, AK
I have over one year of experience as an editorial assistant. I am responsible for assisting the editor with all aspects of the publication process, from manuscript submission to final proofs. My duties also include copyediting, proofreading, and performing quality control checks on manuscripts and galley proofs. In addition, I maintain communication with authors throughout the publication process.
Editorial Assistant at Fairbanks Daily News-Miner, AKMay 2022 - Present
- Wrote and edited 50+ pieces of content per week.
- Monitored social media platforms for assigned brands and wrote engaging posts that increased traffic by 20%.
- Assisted in the development and execution of marketing plans that resulted in a 15% increase in sales.
- Managed relationships with outside vendors, including printers, designers, and photographers.
- Negotiated discounts with vendors which saved the company $5k annually.
- Coordinated travel logistics for editorial team of 4 - 6 people.
Assistant Editorial Assistant at Alaska Star, AKSep 2021 - Apr 2022
- Wrote and edited articles for the website, averaging 15 articles per week.
- Researched potential article topics and pitched ideas to editorial team.
- Monitored social media platforms for trending topics in order to write timely, relevant content.
- Assisted with planning and executing special projects, such as e-books and webinars.
- Managed schedules and deadlines for a team of 5 writers.
- Wrote copy for marketing emails, landing pages, and social media posts.
Associate's Degree in English at University of Alaska AnchorageSep 2016 - May 2021
I've learned how to read and analyze works of literature, how to write papers that explore literary themes, and how to effectively communicate my ideas in both written and oral form.
- Organizational skills