Writing a great drama teacher resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own drama teacher resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the drama teacher job you're after.
email@example.com | (763) 528-1140 | Birmingham, AL
I am a Drama Teacher with over 3 years of experience directing, producing, and teaching various aspects of theatre. I have a passion for the performing arts and enjoy working with students to help them hone their skills in this area. I am patient and adaptable, able to work with students of all ages and abilities. My goal is always to create an enjoyable learning environment while also challenging my students to reach their potential.
Drama Teacher at Sunbelt Business Brokers of Birmingham, ALMay 2022 - Present
- Taught a class of 30 students and successfully managed to keep their attention for the entirety of each lesson.
- Helped direct and produce school plays, which were well-received by audiences.
- Wrote creative and innovative scripts for various scenes that were performed in front of an audience.
- Choreographed fight sequences and dances that added excitement to the play.
- Was able to work with individual students who needed extra help in order to bring their performance up to par with the rest of the cast members.
- Managed backstage crew during performances, making sure props were where they needed to be and cueing lighting changes.
Assistant Drama Teacher at Transworld Business Advisors of Huntsville, ALAug 2019 - Mar 2022
- I increased student engagement by implementing creative and innovative lesson plans.
- I developed positive relationships with students, parents and colleagues.
- I successfully managed a budget of $1000 for the school play.
- I created props and costumes for the school play which saved the school money.
- I directed and produced the school play which was praised by members of the community.
Bachelor of Arts in Drama at University of AlabamaSep 2015 - May 2019
I've learned how to work with a team, how to manage my time, and how to communicate with people.
- Theatrical design
firstname.lastname@example.org | (960) 343-0516 | Kansas City, MO
A Drama Teacher with over 3 years of experience teaching and directing school plays. I have a passion for the arts and enjoy working with students to help them discover their creative potential. I am patient, articulate, and able to manage large groups effectively. My goal is to provide every student with a positive learning experience while helping them grow as performers.
Drama Teacher at The Missouri Repertory Theatre, MOMay 2022 - Present
- Taught a class of 30 students aged 14-18.
- Prepared students for school drama productions.
- Choreographed and directed several school plays.
- Led workshops on stage makeup, costuming, and set design.
- Wrote original scripts for student performances.
Assistant Drama Teacher at The Kansas City Repertory Theatre, MOJul 2019 - Mar 2022
- Assisted in the development and implementation of an annual drama curriculum for grades 6-12.
- Taught daily classes to groups of up to 30 students.
- Led weekly rehearsals for school productions.
- Choreographed fight scenes and dance routines.
- Wrote original plays and monologues for student performers.
Bachelor of Arts in Drama at Missouri State UniversitySep 2014 - May 2019
I have learned to work confidently and effectively in a variety of performance-based settings.
- Theatrical design