Writing a great designer resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own designer resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the designer job you're after.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (538) 757-6416 | Anchorage, AK
I have over 5 years of experience as a designer. I am creative, detailed and passionate about my work. I have worked on projects for both small businesses and large corporations. My skills include graphic design, web design, branding and marketing collateral. I am also proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and HTML/CSS coding.
Lead Designer at Aurora Design Group, AKApr 2022 - Present
- Led the design of 5 projects that resulted in an increase in sales by 15%.
- Researched and implemented new designs for 3 products that increased customer satisfaction by 20%.
- Led a team of 4 designers on a project that won an industry award.
- Trained 2 junior designers who are now leading successful projects themselves.
- Presented my work at 3 international conferences.
Designer at Sage Interior Design, AKAug 2017 - Mar 2022
- Led a team of 5 designers in creating the user interface for a new web application which was used by over 100,000 people within 6 months.
- Worked with 3 developers to create an iOS app that was downloaded 500,000 times in its first month.
- Redesigned company website which increased traffic by 20% and decreased bounce rate by 10%.
- Worked on designing packaging for 2 products that were sold in stores nationwide.
Associate of Arts in Graphic Design at University of Alaska AnchorageAug 2012 - May 2017
Some skills I have learned are typography, layout, color theory, and the use of Adobe Creative Suite applications such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- After Effects
- Premier Pro
email@example.com | (381) 338-6716 | Jackson, MS
I have over 5 years of experience as a designer. I have worked in many different industries and have gained valuable skills and knowledge in each one. I am a creative thinker with the ability to think outside the box to come up with innovative solutions to problems. I have excellent communication skills and can effectively collaborate with others to get tasks completed efficiently. I am also highly organized and detail-oriented, which allows me to produce high-quality work that meets deadlines.
Lead Designer at Michael Kors, IDJun 2022 - Present
- Led a team of 5 designers in creating the design for a new product that was successfully launched and is now being sold in stores.
- Created 50+ designs for said product, including variations for different markets and demographics.
- Researched and wrote 20+ page report on current trends in the industry which helped shape the direction of the company's products.
- Gave 10 presentations to various groups within the company on design concepts and processes.
- Was instrumental in redesigning website which resulted in 15% increase in web traffic.
Designer at Ralph Lauren, IDAug 2017 - May 2022
- Led a team of 4 designers in the development of 12 successful product lines.
- Researched and selected materials for each project that met both aesthetic and functional requirements.
- Negotiated with vendors to stay within budget while still acquiring high-quality products.
- Managed schedules and deadlines for all design projects, ensuring they were completed on time.
- Wrote clear, concise specifications for manufacturers so that products would be made correctly according to our designs.
- Presented final designs to clients, incorporating their feedback into the final product.
Associate of Arts in Graphic Design at Idaho State University, IDSep 2012 - May 2017
Some skills I've learned are using the Adobe Creative Suite, layout and design, typography, color theory, and print production.
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- User Experience (UX) Design
- User Interface (UI) Design