Writing a great costume designer resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own costume designer resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the costume designer job you're after.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (865) 204-6183 | Trenton, NJ
I am a costume designer with over three years of experience in the industry. I have worked on a variety of projects, from small independent films to large Hollywood productions. My skills include sewing, pattern making, and fabric selection. I am also experienced in working with actors and directors to create the perfect look for each character.
Costume Designer at B. A. Costumes, NJJun 2022 - Present
- Worked on costumes for a film that grossed $100 million.
- Worked on costumes for a play that won 5 Tony Awards.
- Successfully designed and executed 100 costume designs over the course of one year.
- Managed a team of 10 assistants to help with fabric selection, construction, and fittings.
- Saved the production company money by finding cheaper alternatives to designer fabrics.
Assistant Costume Designer at A.C. Costume Shop, NJAug 2019 - Apr 2022
- I successfully designed and executed 50 costumes for a period drama in 6 weeks.
- I managed a team of 4 wardrobe assistants to help with the construction and fitting of all the costumes.
- On average, I worked 12 hour days, 7 days a week during the 6 week production period.
- I liaised closely with the head costume designer, director, actors and their agents to ensure everyone was happy with the final product.
- I stayed within budget and managed to find cost-effective solutions when sourcing materials for some of the more intricate designs.
High School Diploma at Rutgers University, NJSep 2015 - May 2019
I've learned how to read, write, and do math.
- Costume Design
- Pattern Making
- Fabric Selection
- Textile Knowledge
email@example.com | (251) 062-5714 | Cedar Rapids, IA
As a costume designer, I have over three years of experience in the industry. I have worked on a variety of projects, from small independent films to major Hollywood productions. My work is heavily influenced by my background in fine art and fashion design, and I strive to create unique and memorable looks for each character that I dress. In addition to designing costumes, I also frequently collaborate with directors and other members of the production team to ensure that the clothing fits the tone and style of the film or show.
Costume Designer at Cinderella's Closet, IAMay 2022 - Present
- I designed the costumes for a production of "Romeo and Juliet" that received rave reviews. The New York Times called my work "stunning" and said it helped bring the play to life.
- I created an original design for a character in a major Hollywood film that was well-received by both critics and audiences.
- I have worked as a costume designer on Broadway, Off-Broadway, and in regional theaters across the country. My credits include some of the most acclaimed productions in recent years.
- I have won multiple awards for my work as a costume designer, including Drama Desk Awards, Outer Critics Circle Awards, and Tony Awards.
Assistant Costume Designer at Dress to Impress, IAJul 2019 - Apr 2022
- Led a team of 15 costume designers and assistants in the successful completion of costumes for a Broadway musical with a budget of $2 million.
- Researched and sourced materials for 50 unique costumes, staying within budget and on schedule.
- Managed fittings for all cast members, ensuring that each actor had 3 complete sets of fitted wardrobe by opening night.
- Acted as liaison between production staff and costume vendor, troubleshooting any issues that arose during construction or delivery.
High School Diploma at Iowa City High School, Iowa City, IASep 2015 - May 2019
I've learned time management, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Costume design
- Textile design
- Fashion design • Tailoring