Writing a great cosmetology instructor resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own cosmetology instructor resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the cosmetology instructor job you're after.
email@example.com | (963) 223-2941 | Bend, OR
I have over three years of experience as a cosmetology instructor. I am passionate about teaching and helping my students to succeed in their careers. I have a strong knowledge of the latest trends and techniques in the industry, and I am always updating my skills so that I can provide the best possible instruction to my students. In addition to teaching, I also have experience working in a salon environment, which gives me a well-rounded perspective on the industry as a whole. As an instructor, one of my key strengths is being able to adapt my teaching style to meet the individual needs of each student. Whether they are visual learners or prefer hands-on learning, I am able to adjust my lessons accordingly. Another strength that has served me well throughout my career ismy abilityto build rapport with students quicklyand effectively manageclassroom dynamics . Creatinga positive learningenvironmentis importanttome ,as it allowsstudents totruly thriveand reachtheir fullest potential .
Lead Cosmetology Instructor at Aveda Institute Portland, ORJun 2022 - Present
- Led a team of 12 cosmetology instructors in daily operations.
- Trained 100+ new students in the art of cosmetology.
- Demonstrated expert knowledge of all aspects of hair, skin, and nails during lectures and demonstrations.
- Maintained a spotless work station at all times.
- Performed quality control checks on student’s work to ensure they met standards before moving on to the next level.
Cosmetology Instructor at Paul Mitchell The School Portland, ORAug 2019 - Apr 2022
- Trained and mentored 50+ cosmetology students, helping them to develop their skills and confidence.
- Taught hands-on classes in hair cutting, coloring, styling, and makeup application.
- Wrote and implemented curriculum for all courses taught.
- Planned and executed special events such as product demonstrations and guest speakers.
- Created a positive learning environment by maintaining open communication with students and parents/guardians.
- Maintained up-to-date knowledge of industry trends through continued education.
Associate of Arts in Cosmetology at Chemeketa Community College, ORAug 2015 - May 2019
I've learned how to perform hair, skin, and nail services.
- Makeup Artistry
- Nail Technology
- Salon Management
firstname.lastname@example.org | (296) 514-9725 | 1234 NW 12th Ave, Miami, FL 33136
I am an experienced cosmetology instructor with over three years of experience teaching in a salon environment. I have a passion for helping others learn the art of cosmetology and enjoy sharing my knowledge with students. I am patient and articulate, able to effectively communicate complex concepts to learners of all levels. My goal is always to help each student reach their full potential and become confident, successful professionals in the industry.
Lead Cosmetology Instructor at Paul Mitchell the School Jacksonville, FLApr 2022 - Present
- Led a team of 15 cosmetology instructors and 500 students.
- Set goals and implemented curriculum for the department which resulted in an 80% success rate for state board exams.
- Trained new staff on teaching methods and safety procedures.
- Created promotional materials and developed marketing strategies to increase enrollment by 25%.
- Wrote grants totaling $100,000 which funded new equipment and supplies for the program.
- Organized fundraising events that generated over $20,000 for scholarships.
Cosmetology Instructor at Aveda Institute South Florida, FLSep 2019 - Mar 2022
- Trained and certified in the latest cosmetology techniques.
- 20 years experience as a professional cosmetologist.
- 10 years experience teaching cosmetology at the high school level.
- State-licensed Cosmetology Instructor.
- A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.
- 5-star rating on Yelp.
Associate of Arts in Cosmetology at Miami Dade College, Miami, FLAug 2015 - May 2019
I have learned how to do hair, makeup, and nails.
- Makeup Artistry
- Nail Technology
- Skin Care Techniques