Writing a great cosmetology educator resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own cosmetology educator resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the cosmetology educator job you're after.
email@example.com | (583) 631-1037 | Jackson, MS
I have over 3 years of experience as a cosmetology educator. I am passionate about teaching and helping others to reach their potential. I have a strong knowledge of the industry and hold a current cosmetology license in good standing. I am also proficient in Microsoft Office applications and possess excellent communication skills.
Cosmetology Educator at ITC-International Training Academy, MSMay 2022 - Present
- Trained 100 individuals in the cosmetology arts over the course of my career.
- Wrote and published a textbook on cosmetology that is used in schools across the country.
- Gave lectures at national conferences on trends in cosmetology education.
- Served as president of the National Association of Cosmetology Educators for two years.
- Led a team of educators in developing new curriculum for cosmetology programs nationwide.
- Helped thousands of students pass their licensing exams and enter into successful careers.
Cosmetology Instructor at Magnolia School of Cosmetology, MSAug 2019 - Mar 2022
- Trained 50 new cosmetology students in the art of hair, makeup, and skincare.
- Grew a loyal clientele of 20 regular customers who received haircuts, styling, color services, and facials.
- Demonstrated exceptional customer service skills by consistently exceeding clients’ expectations.
- Maintained a clean and organized work station at all times.
- Actively participated in continuing education courses to keep up with current trends.
Associate of Arts in Cosmetology at Mississippi State UniversityAug 2014 - May 2019
I have learned how to cut, color, and style hair, as well as how to do manicures, pedicures, and facials.
- Communication Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Organizational Skills
firstname.lastname@example.org | (178) 967-7946 | Santa Fe, NM
I have over three years of experience as a cosmetology educator. I am passionate about teaching and helping my students to succeed in their careers. I have a strong knowledge of the industry and keep up with current trends. I am able to adapt my teaching style to meet the needs of each individual student. I am patient, supportive, and motivated by seeing my students grow and achieve their goals.
Cosmetology Educator at Paul Mitchell the School Albuquerque, NMMay 2022 - Present
- Taught cosmetology to 100 students.
- Wrote and implemented curriculum for the cosmetology program.
- Trained 10 new instructors in teaching methods and techniques.
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills while working with clients.
- Led a team of 5 stylists in creating hair styles for a fashion show.
- Managed inventory and ordered supplies for the salon.
Cosmetology Instructor at Toni & Guy Hairdressing Academy Albuquerque, NMJul 2019 - Apr 2022
- Trained over 100 students in cosmetology, helping them to develop the skills needed for a successful career in the industry.
- Taught classes on hair cutting, styling, and coloring techniques, as well as skin care and makeup application.
- Led hands-on labs where students had the opportunity to practice their new skills on each other and mannequins.
- Developed curriculum for both beginner and advanced level courses.
- Wrote proposals that resulted in the purchase of new equipment and supplies for the department.
- Organized special events such as guest speaker presentations and field trips to local salons.
Associate of Arts in Cosmetology at Central New Mexico Community College, NMAug 2014 - May 2019
I have learned how to communicate with clients, how to perform hair and nail services, and how to sell products.