email@example.com | (857) 092-0791 | Portland, ME
Chief Estimator at Eastern Construction Company, MEJun 2022 - Present
- Negotiated and secured a $3 million contract with Smith Construction Company.
- Led a team of estimators in preparing bids for 12 construction projects.
- Successfully completed 8 out of 10 projects within the estimated budget.
- Managed and coordinated the activities of 30 employees working on 4 simultaneous construction projects.
- Trained 5 new employees in estimation techniques.
- Reduced material costs by 15% through supplier negotiations.
Senior Estimator at Fryeburg Construction Company, MEJul 2018 - Apr 2022
- Negotiated a $5M contract with ABC Corporation.
- Led team of 4 estimators in developing bids for projects ranging from $10-100M.
- Completed training on XYZ estimating software and led department in its implementation.
- Authored company’s first Estimating Manual which is still used today.
- Developed and taught an estimation course to new hires.
- On average, submitted proposals that were within 5% accuracy of the actual project cost.
Estimator at Sebago Technics, Inc., MEJul 2012 - May 2018
- Negotiated a $1.2 million construction contract with ABC Corporation.
- Successfully completed training in Primavera P6 scheduling software.
- Authored an article for the company newsletter on estimating techniques that was well received by readers.
- Presented at a regional conference on best practices in construction cost estimation.
- Led a team of estimators in preparing bids for three major projects, all of which were won by the company.
- Developed and implemented new procedures for streamlining the bid process, resulting in savings of 10% per project.
Bachelor of Science in Construction Management at University of MaineSep 2007 - May 2012
I have learned how to manage construction projects from start to finish.
- Project management
- Cost control
- Risk management
firstname.lastname@example.org | (135) 929-7054 | Trenton, NJ
Chief Estimator at A-1 Electric, NJMay 2022 - Present
- Successfully completed projects within budget and on schedule.
- Achieved a 95% success rate in winning bids.
- Mentored junior estimators in the company, helping them to develop their skills.
- Successfully negotiated with suppliers for lower prices on materials.
- Worked closely with project managers to ensure that all estimates were accurate.
Senior Estimator at J&B Construction, NJSep 2018 - Apr 2022
- Negotiated a $1 million contract with an outside vendor.
- Cut costs by 15% on a $10 million project.
- Completed 5 projects under budget and ahead of schedule.
- Trained 3 new estimators.
- Wrote Estimating Manual used company-wide.
Estimator at Superior Electric, NJJul 2012 - Aug 2018
- Successfully completed 50 projects in one year with an error rate of less than 2%.
- Successfully negotiated a $5 million contract for construction services.
- Achieved 97% accuracy rating on estimating project costs.
- Saved the company 20% on project costs by finding more efficient methods of production.
- Decreased the amount of time it took to complete estimates by 30%.
Bachelor of Science in Construction Management at Rutgers University, NJAug 2007 - May 2012
In the construction management program, I have learned skills such as project management, construction methods and materials, cost estimating, and construction safety.
- Cost Analysis
- Risk Management
- Construction Methods and Materials
- Contract Administration