Chief Development Officer
Writing a great chief development officer resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own chief development officer resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the chief development officer job you're after.
email@example.com | (134) 263-9522 | Reno, NV
Chief Development Officer at MGM Resorts International, NVJun 2022 - Present
- Led a team of 8 development officers and 2 support staff that raised $17 million in philanthropic gifts and pledges last fiscal year.
- Defined fundraising strategies for the organization, which resulted in an increase of 30% in major donor giving.
- Negotiated and secured a $5 million grant from XYZ Foundation to fund our new programmatic initiative.
- Managed a portfolio of 150+ donors, with personal solicitation resulting in 100% retention rate and average gift increases of 5% per year.
- Wrote successful proposals to 15 corporate foundations, securing over $1.2 million in funding.
Senior Development Officer at Las Vegas Sands Corporation, NVJul 2020 - Apr 2022
- Led a team of 8 developers in creating an interactive web application used by over 500,000 people daily.
- Achieved a 95% satisfaction rating from users for the web application mentioned above.
- Grew user base by 25% through targeted marketing campaigns and improved UX/UI design.
- Reduced development costs by 15% through process improvements and better resource utilization.
- Delivered 5 major releases on time and under budget during my tenure as Senior Development Officer.
Development Officer at Wynn Resorts, NVJul 2015 - May 2020
- Raised $2 million dollars from private donors for a new library.
- Led a team of 5 staff members in creating a successful fundraising campaign that raised over $1 million dollars for the university’s scholarship fund.
- Developed and implemented an annual giving program that increased donations by 25% within the first year.
- Successfully wrote and secured 3 grants totaling $500,000 for new playground equipment at 2 elementary schools.
- Managed a portfolio of 150 major donors, cultivating relationships resulting in increased giving levels.
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science at University of Nevada, RenoSep 2011 - May 2015
I've learned how to code in various languages, how to use different operating systems, how to troubleshoot computer issues, and how to effectively communicate with others.
- Technical skills for a Chief Development Officer:
- Strategic Planning
- Business Acumen
- Budgeting and Financial Management
- Project Management
- People Management
- Process Improvement
- Technical Expertise
firstname.lastname@example.org | (415) 038-0718 | Phoenix, AZ
Chief Development Officer at American Red Cross, AZMay 2022 - Present
- Led a team of 12 development officers and 2 support staff that raised $23 million annually, on average.
- Increased annual giving by 25% during tenure as Chief Development Officer.
- Secured 6 major gifts totaling $1.5 million over 3 years as part of capital campaign.
- Developed and implemented new donor stewardship program that resulted in 10% increase in retention rate for first year.
- Negotiated successful partnership with local corporation that provided $100,000 yearly sponsorship for special events.
Senior Development Officer at Banner Health, AZJul 2020 - Mar 2022
- Led a team of 5 development officers and 2 support staff that raised $2.5 million annually.
- Cultivated and solicited major gifts from individuals, corporations, and foundations resulting in $1 million in new commitments.
- Planned and executed special events that generated over $100,000 in revenue.
- Developed relationships with key donors that resulted in increased giving levels.
- Wrote successful grant proposals to private foundation.
Development Officer at The Salvation Army, AZSep 2015 - Jun 2020
- Secured $1 million in funding from corporate donors to support low-income housing initiatives.
- Led the development and implementation of a new community outreach program that resulted in a 10% increase in volunteer engagement.
- Raised $500,000 through special events to support literacy programs for underserved youth.
- Developed and managed annual budgets totaling $3 million for various social service programs.
- Successfully cultivated relationships with key donor prospects, resulting in increased giving levels from major gifts donors by 15%.
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science at University of Arizona, Tucson, AZAug 2011 - May 2015
I've learned how to code in various programming languages, how to use different software development tools, how to design and implement algorithms, and how to think logically to solve problems.