Writing a great barista resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own barista resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the barista job you're after.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (504) 973-5808 | Jackson, MS
In the past year, I have worked as a barista and gained experience in making coffee drinks and dealing with customers. I am efficient at taking orders and working quickly to make drinks while providing excellent customer service. I have also developed good organizational skills from keeping the work area clean and stocked. My coworkers often rely on me to open or close the store due to my dependability.
Barista at Starbucks, MSJun 2022 - Present
- Created and implemented a new system for organizing the coffee beans which cut down on waste and increased efficiency by 20%.
- Trained 3 new baristas in the company's policies and procedures.
- Increased customer satisfaction scores by 10% through providing consistently excellent customer service.
- Developed a reputation as an expert latte artist, creating beautiful designs that delighted customers.
- Was recognized by management as Employee of the Month for outstanding performance.
Shift Supervisor at Dunkin' Donuts, MSAug 2021 - May 2022
- Led team of 10 in successful completion of project ahead of schedule and under budget.
- Trained 4 new employees, resulting in 100% increase in productivity.
- Implemented new safety procedures that reduced accidents by 50%.
- Negotiated with vendors to save company $5,000 annually.
- Recognized by management for outstanding customer service skills.
High School Diploma at Jackson State University, MSAug 2017 - May 2021
I have learned how to study for tests, how to do research, and how to write essays.
- Making coffee
- Operating a cash register
- Making espresso-based drinks
- Foam art
- Latte art
- Cleaning and maintaining equipment
email@example.com | (828) 705-6839 | Reno, NV
I am a barista with over 1 year of experience in the coffee industry. I have a passion for making quality coffee and providing excellent customer service. I am knowledgeable in all aspects of the coffee-making process, from brewing to latte art. I take pride in my work and always strive to create the perfect cup of coffee for each individual customer. In addition to my technical skills, I also possess strong communication and interpersonal skills which allow me to build positive relationships with customers and co-workers alike.
Barista at Java Junction, NVJun 2022 - Present
- Served an average of 500 customers per shift with a smile.
- Made and served specialty coffee drinks following company recipes.
- Cleaned and maintained work area throughout the shift.
- Restocked supplies as needed throughout the day.
- Completed side work tasks such as cleaning, organizing, etc.
Shift Supervisor at The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, NVJul 2021 - Apr 2022
- Trained and supervised a team of 10 employees.
- Completed tasks 30% faster than the average shift supervisor.
- Increased sales by 15% through upselling techniques.
- Reduced employee turnover by 20%.
- Decreased accidents by 5%.
High School Diploma at Reno High School, Reno, NVAug 2016 - May 2021
Some skills I've learned are time management, how to study effectively, and how to manage stress.
- Making coffee
- Serving customers
- Cleaning up the café
- Making food items
- Handling customer complaints or concerns
- Answering questions about menu items