Writing a great au pair resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own au pair resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the au pair job you're after.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (128) 993-4119 | North Little Rock, AR
I am a responsible and experienced Au Pair with over 1 year of experience. I have provided childcare for families in the US, UK, and Australia. I am CPR certified and have a degree in Early Childhood Education. I am patient, reliable, and loving. Families who have worked with me rave about my ability to connect with children of all ages.
Au Pair at Au Pair in America, ARApr 2022 - Present
- I cared for three children ages 6, 4, and 2 over the course of my year-long au pair stay.
- I cooked dinner for the family every night and was responsible for getting the kids ready for bed each evening.
- On weekends, I took the kids to different activities such as swimming lessons, soccer games, and art classes.
- I drove the kids to school and daycare every weekday morning.
- In addition to childcare responsibilities, I also did light housework such as laundry, vacuuming, and dishes.
- Au pairs typically work 45 hours per week; however, I often worked 50-60 hours per week in order to give my host parents some extra free time on nights and weekends.".
Au Pair II at International Au Pair Exchange, ARJul 2021 - Mar 2022
- Cared for 2 children ages 5 and 7 full time, including getting them ready for school in the morning, taking them to after-school activities, and helping with homework.
- Cooked dinner every night for the family of 4.
- Grocery shopped and ran errands as needed.
- Kept a clean house – did laundry, vacuumed, dusted weekly, etc.
- Created fun and educational activities for the kids to do on rainy days or during down-time.
- Took initiative to get involved in the community by signing up the kids for sports teams and joining a local moms’ group.
High School Diploma at North Little Rock High School, North Little Rock, ARAug 2017 - May 2021
I've learned how to effectively communicate with others, how to manage my time wisely, and how to think critically.
- Organizational Skills
- Time Management Skills
- Communication Skills
- Interpersonal skills
email@example.com | (684) 119-0557 | Trenton, NJ
I have over 1 year of experience as an Au Pair. I am a reliable and trustworthy person who is great with children. I have a lot of patience and enjoy spending time with kids. I am also very organized and can help out around the house when needed.
Au Pair at AuPairCare, NJApr 2022 - Present
- I cared for three children ages 5, 7, and 10 over the course of a year.
- I prepared meals for the family and helped with homework after school.
- I drove the kids to soccer practice and piano lessons twice a week.
- I took them on weekly outings to museums, parks, and other cultural attractions in our city.
Au Pair II at Go Au Pair, NJJul 2021 - Mar 2022
- I increased the number of weekly hours I spent working with my host family's children from 10 to 15.
- I successfully completed a certified course in Early Childhood Education.
- I designed and implemented creative activities for the children that encouraged their physical, cognitive, and social development.
- The parents consistently reported that they were happy with my work performance and felt confident leaving their children in my care.
- I received positive feedback from both the parents and kids at the end of my au pair II term.
High School Diploma at Rutgers Preparatory School, Somerset, NJAug 2016 - May 2021
I've learned to be organized, to manage my time, and to study effectively.
- Time management
- Multi-tasking ability