Writing a great athletic director resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own athletic director resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the athletic director job you're after.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (816) 294-5670 | Greensboro, NC
I am an experienced Athletic Director with over 8 years of progressive experience in athletic department leadership roles. I have a proven track record of success in managing complex projects, creating budgets, and developing strategies to promote the athletic program. My passion for athletics and sportsmanship has enabled me to effectively motivate student-athletes to reach their highest potential. I possess strong organizational and communication skills, as well as an ability to build relationships with coaches, athletes, and administrators. I enjoy working in a team environment and have a long history of successful collaboration. I look forward to leveraging my experience and skills to help organizations achieve their athletic goals.
Athletic Director at Nike, NCJun 2022 - Present
- Led a team of 10 assistant coaches and 100 student-athletes.
- Increased fundraising by 25% through corporate sponsorships and donor relations.
- Negotiated contracts with vendors that saved the athletic department $100,000 annually.
- Implemented new policies that increased athlete retention rates by 5%.
- Oversaw construction of a new $10 million dollar stadium.
Assistant Athletic Director at , NCAug 2020 - Apr 2022
- Negotiated a $1.2 million contract with Nike to be the exclusive provider of uniforms and apparel for all varsity teams.
- Led a team of 7 full-time staff and 30 part-time student employees.
- Managed an annual budget of $4.5 million.
- Generated over $1 million in revenue through ticket sales, concessions, and merchandise sales.
- Developed and implemented marketing plans that increased attendance at athletic events by 20%.
- Negotiated contracts with vendors that saved the Athletic Department 10% on annual expenses.
Associate Athletic Director at Adidas, NCAug 2015 - Jun 2020
- Led a team of 10 full-time and 30 part-time staff members.
- Managed annual operating budget of $5 million.
- Generated over $1 million in revenue through ticket sales, sponsorships, and merchandise sales.
- Negotiated contracts with vendors totaling more than $500,000.
- Developed marketing campaigns that increased attendance at athletic events by 20%.
- Implemented new fundraising initiatives that generated an additional $250,000 for the Athletic Department.
Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology at Duke University, NCAug 2011 - May 2015
Through my studies I have developed excellent research, writing, and communication skills.
- Budgeting and financial management
- Marketing and public relations
- Event planning
email@example.com | (439) 030-1688 | Bismarck, ND
I am an experienced Athletic Director with over 8 years of experience in managing athletic programs and teams. I have extensive knowledge of NCAA regulations and procedures. My areas of expertise include budgeting and financial planning, recruiting, coaching and mentoring, and developing and executing successful event planning. I have an excellent record of developing and maintaining strong relationships with staff, coaches, parents, and the local community. I am an effective communicator, highly organized, and detail-oriented individual with a proven track record of success.
Athletic Director at Dakota Athletic Club, NDMay 2022 - Present
- Successfully recruited 50 new athletes to the school’s sports teams.
- Organized and oversaw training schedules for all athletic teams, resulting in a 20% increase in team performance.
- Successfully negotiated contracts with 3 different sporting equipment suppliers, saving the school $10,000 per year.
- Worked closely with the marketing department to develop promotional materials for upcoming sporting events, leading to a 25% increase in ticket sales.
- Created and implemented a fundraising campaign that raised $100,000 for new uniforms and equipment for all of the school’s athletic teams.
Assistant Athletic Director at Bismarck Rockers, NDJul 2020 - Mar 2022
- Successfully increased ticket sales by 15% through innovative marketing campaigns.
- Generated $1.2 million in new revenue through sponsorships and partnerships.
- Managed a team of 20 full-time staff and 50 part-time employees.
- Oversaw the athletic department’s budget of $10 million.
- Developed and implemented successful strategies to increase fan engagement and improve customer experience.
- Led the planning and execution of special events, including sold-out concerts, conferences, and conventions.
Associate Athletic Director at Mandan Flickertails, NDJul 2015 - May 2020
- Successfully recruited 50 student athletes to the college’s athletic program.
- Successfully managed a $5 million budget for the athletic department.
- Oversaw the construction of a new $10 million dollar stadium.
- Responsible for scheduling all home and away games for 10 teams.
- Organized and ran successful fundraising campaigns that raised over $1 million dollars for new equipment and uniforms.
- Negotiated contracts with vendors that saved the department 20% on annual costs.
Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology at University of North DakotaSep 2011 - May 2015
Through my Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology, I have learned skills in research, writing, communication, and critical thinking.
- Athletic Administration
- Event Management
- Marketing and Public Relations
- Media and Communications
- Risk Management
- Sport Psychology