Writing a great associate editor resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own associate editor resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the associate editor job you're after.
email@example.com | (191) 981-2396 | Bennington, VT
I have over 5 years of experience as an Associate Editor. I have a proven track record in editing, fact checking, and copywriting. I am a quick learner and have a keen eye for detail. I am also proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite.
Associate Editor at National Life Group, VTApr 2022 - Present
- Wrote and edited 12 articles per week on a variety of topics.
- Assisted in the planning and execution of 3 successful promotional events.
- Led a team of 4 writers to produce high-quality content within deadlines.
- Researched, wrote, and edited 2 how-to guides that received over 50,000 views in the first month.
- Grew social media following by 15% through engagement strategies.
- Ideated new series concepts that resulted in increased web traffic by 20%.
Assistant Editor at Fidelity Investments, VTAug 2017 - Mar 2022
- Hired and trained a team of 12 editorial assistants.
- Led the development of 3 successful online publications.
- Grew web traffic by 20% month-over-month for 6 months straight.
- Wrote 500+ articles as lead writer for various sections.
- Assisted in editing and publishing 200+ articles per week.
Associate Editor: Bachelor of Arts in English at Champlain College, VTAug 2012 - May 2017
I have learned critical thinking, time management, and editing skills while studying for my Associate Editor: Bachelor of Arts in English.
- Time management
firstname.lastname@example.org | (699) 109-9401 | 3850 W 16th St, Indianapolis, IN 46222
I am an Associate Editor with over 5 years of experience. I have a proven track record in editing and writing, and I am passionate about the written word. I have a keen eye for detail, and I am able to work quickly and efficiently under pressure. My clients have always been happy with my work, and I pride myself on being a team player.
Associate Editor at The Indianapolis Star, INMar 2022 - Present
- Wrote and edited 3-5 articles per week.
- Assigned stories to writers.
- Worked with designers on layouts.
- Monitored social media traffic for site engagement.
- Wrote headlines and meta descriptions for SEO purposes.
- Attended weekly editorial meetings.
Assistant Editor at The Journal Gazette, INAug 2017 - Mar 2022
- Cut and organized daily news segments for the 6 o’clock evening broadcast.
- Wrote voiceovers for 2-3 stories per day.
- Logged and edited interviews for use in future broadcasts.
- Created lower thirds, graphics, and other visual elements to enhance stories.
- Assisted the senior editor with longer form pieces.
- Checked facts and verified sources for accuracy.
Associate Editor: Bachelor of Arts in English at Indiana University, Bloomington, INAug 2013 - May 2017
I have learned how to read and edit manuscripts, how to work with authors to help them improve their work, and how to use different style guides.
- Organizational skills