Writing a great apparel merchandiser resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own apparel merchandiser resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the apparel merchandiser job you're after.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (759) 104-9565 | Trenton, NJ
I am an experienced Apparel Merchandiser with over 3 years of experience in the industry. I have a strong background in fashion and trend analysis, product development, and merchandising strategies. I am extremely analytical and detail-oriented, with a passion for meeting deadlines and driving results. I am also highly creative, with a keen eye for aesthetics and trends. In my previous role as an Apparel Merchandiser at XYZ Company, I successfully increased sales by 15% through effective merchandise planning and execution of innovative marketing campaigns
Apparel Merchandiser at Lord & Taylor, NJMay 2022 - Present
- Cut inventory levels by 25% through proactive markdown management and strategic buys.
- Increased sales by 12% year over year through creative merchandising initiatives.
- Exceeded monthly sales targets by an average of 5%.
- Planned and executed successful in-store events that boosted traffic and generated excitement around the brand.
- Trained and developed a team of 4 junior merchandisers, resulting in a more cohesive and effective department.
- Negotiated favorable terms with vendors, leading to savings of 10% on all purchases.
Assistant Apparel Merchandiser at Macy's, NJAug 2019 - Mar 2022
- Negotiated with vendors to secure best possible prices for merchandise while maintaining quality standards.
- Reviewed sales reports and identified areas of opportunity/improvement.
- Monitored inventory levels and recommended reorders as necessary to maintain desired stock level.
- Coordinated with buying team on new product development, including conducting market research, trend analysis, and creating line plans.
- Managed a team of 4 merchandisers responsible for analyzing trends, developing assortments, placing orders, managing inventories & margins.
Associate of Arts in Fashion Merchandising at Rutgers University, NJAug 2015 - May 2019
I've learned how to communicate with people, how to stay organized, and how to be creative.
- Fashion Design
- Pattern Making
- Sewing and Construction Techniques
- Fabric Knowledge
- Textile Science
- Grading and Sizing Patterns
- Technical Drawing
email@example.com | (946) 399-0811 | 645 W Randolph St, Chicago, IL 60661, United States
I have over 3 years of experience as an apparel merchandiser. I am experienced in managing inventory, developing product assortments, and creating sales plans. I have a strong understanding of the retail market and trends. I am able to work well independently and take initiative when needed.
Apparel Merchandiser at Macy's, ILJun 2022 - Present
- Successfully increased sales by 15% through developing and implementing innovative merchandising strategies.
- Created cohesive collections across all channels that resulted in a 5% increase in customer loyalty.
- Drove inventory turnover up by 8%, reducing end of season markdowns by 4%.
- Exceeded revenue goals by 3% due to effective management of promotional calendar and product mix.
- Delivered exceptional customer service, reflected in a 10 point jump in NPS scores.
- Managed team of 4 buyers, ensuring adherence to budget and maintaining open communication.
Assistant Apparel Merchandiser at Bloomingdale's, ILJul 2019 - Apr 2022
- Negotiated with vendors to secure the best price and delivery date for merchandise while maintaining a good relationship with them.
- Monitored sales reports on a daily basis and adjusted inventory levels accordingly in order to avoid stock-outs and lost sales.
- Planned, organized, and executed promotional events which led to an increase in traffic of 20% during those periods.
- Collaborated closely with store managers and district managers to ensure that stores had the necessary merchandise mix to meet customer demand.
- Trained new employees on company policies & procedures as well as product knowledge.
Associate of Arts in Fashion Merchandising at Columbia College, Chicago, ILSep 2014 - May 2019
I've learned how to manage a business, how to buy and sell merchandise, and how to forecast future trends.
- Fashion design
- Fashion merchandising
- Textile science
- Pattern making
- Sewing and garment construction
- Draping • Grading