Writing a great agronomist resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own agronomist resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the agronomist job you're after.
email@example.com | (900) 255-7885 | Portland, ME
I am an agronomist with over 4 years of experience in the field. I have worked extensively with crops and soil, and have a deep understanding of both. I am passionate about sustainable agriculture, and believe that it is possible to produce food without damaging the environment. I am experienced in both traditional and organic farming methods, and have a strong belief that organic methods are superior. In addition to my knowledge of crops and soils, I also have experience in irrigation systems design and management.
Senior Agronomist at Crooked Creek Farm, MEJun 2022 - Present
- Led a team of 5 agronomists in developing new irrigation techniques that saved the company $100,000 per year.
- Researched and developed a new crop rotation schedule that increased yields by 15%.
- Implemented a soil testing program that reduced fertilizer costs by 20%.
- Trained junior agronomists in field sampling and analysis methods.
Agronomist at Blueberry Hill Farm, MESep 2018 - Apr 2022
- Improved the crop yield of a 200-acre farm by 15% through expert agronomic practices.
- Negotiated and secured a $250,000 grant from the government to fund research on new irrigation techniques.
- Wrote and published a paper in an agricultural journal that was widely read and highly acclaimed by experts in the field.
- Led a team of 5 agronomists in developing new methods for testing soil nutrients levels, which increased accuracy by 25%.
- Trained 20 farmers in best practices for using organic fertilizers, resulting in significant reductions in chemical use.
Bachelor of Science in Agronomy at University of MaineSep 2013 - May 2018
Some skills I've learned are: soil sampling and analysis, plant identification, crop production, and pest management.
- Agricultural Science
- Environmental Science
- Soil Science
firstname.lastname@example.org | (532) 040-2073 | 567 8th St, Bismarck, ND 58501, USA
I am an agronomist with over 4 years experience in the field. I have a strong background in agriculture and soil science, and I am passionate about helping farmers get the most out of their land. I have worked with both small family farms and large commercial operations, and I have a deep understanding of what it takes to produce a high-quality crop. In addition to my work in the field, I also have experience conducting research on new methods of farming and agricultural products. My goal is to help farmers increase yields while reducing inputs costs, and I believe that my skills and experience will be valuable assets to any organization
Senior Agronomist at John Deere, NDMar 2022 - Present
- Led a team of 5 agronomists in developing and implementing new methods for crop rotation that increased yields by 15%.
- Successfully developed a new irrigation system that saved the company $250,000 per year.
- Researched and recommended 3 new herbicides that improved weed control by 30%.
- Reduced fertilizer costs by 20% through careful selection of products and application rates.
Agronomist at Case IH, NDJul 2018 - Jan 2022
- I created and implemented a crop rotation system on my family farm that increased yields by 15%.
- I developed a new irrigation system for my employer that saved the company $10,000 per year.
- I helped design and build a new greenhouse for my school district that produced 30% more produce than the old one.
- I wrote an article for our local newspaper about successful gardening techniques that was read by over 10,000 people.
Bachelor of Science in Agronomy at North Dakota State UniversitySep 2014 - May 2018
I have learned how to cultivate and improve land for agricultural purposes.
- Soil science
- Plant science
- Crop production
- Agricultural engineering
- Agronomic management practices
- Environmental stress on plants
- Use of precision agriculture tools