Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
Writing a great acute care nurse practitioner resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own acute care nurse practitioner resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the acute care nurse practitioner job you're after.
email@example.com | (949) 128-5271 | 45 Hartwell Avenue, Lexington, MA 02421
I have over 3 years of experience as an Acute Care Nurse Practitioner. I have a strong clinical background and am dedicated to providing high-quality patient care. I am skilled in managing complex medical conditions and working collaboratively with other members of the healthcare team. I am committed to continual learning and professional development, and strive to provide evidence-based care that is individualized for each patient.
Acute Care Nurse Practitioner at Boston Children's Hospital, MAJun 2022 - Present
- Successfully managed and treated patients with a variety of acute illnesses and injuries.
- Assessed, diagnosed, and developed treatment plans for acutely ill patients.
- Ordered and interpreted diagnostic tests for acutely ill patients.
- Prescribed medications for acutely ill patients.
- Provided education to patient and families on disease process, treatments options, medication side effects/teaching, etc.
- Collaborated with other members of the healthcare team to ensure coordinated care for acutely ill patients.
Acute Care Nurse Practitioner II at Massachusetts General Hospital, MAAug 2019 - May 2022
- Led a team of 5 nurse practitioners in providing care to acutely ill patients.
- Supervised the care of 50+ patients on a daily basis.
- Developed and implemented new protocols for managing acutely ill patients.
- Trained other providers on new protocols.
- Achieved 95% compliance with protocol implementation among staff members.
- Reduced length of stay for acute care patients by an average of 2 days.
Master of Science in Nursing - Acute Care Nurse Practitioner at Boston College, MAAug 2015 - May 2019
I have learned how to effectively manage and care for patients with acute and chronic health conditions.
- Acute care
- Nurse practitioner
- Patient care
firstname.lastname@example.org | (501) 667-9170 | Charlotte, NC
I have over 3 years of experience as an Acute Care Nurse Practitioner. I am certified by the American Nurses Credentialing Center and licensed in the state of California. I have a strong background in primary care, acute care, and chronic disease management. I am passionate about providing high-quality patient care and developing relationships with my patients to improve their overall health and wellbeing.
Acute Care Nurse Practitioner at Duke University Health System, NCMar 2022 - Present
- Successfully managed care for patients with acute and chronic illnesses.
- Provided primary care to underserved populations in clinics and hospitals.
- Coordinated patient care across multiple disciplines including physicians, social workers, dietitians, and physical therapists.
- Successfully implemented evidence-based protocols to improve patient outcomes.
- Reduced length of stay for acutely ill patients by an average of 2 days.
Acute Care Nurse Practitioner II at WakeMed Health & Hospitals, NCJul 2019 - Jan 2022
- Successfully managed care for patients with acute and chronic illnesses in an outpatient setting.
- Collaborated with interdisciplinary team to develop individualized treatment plans for each patient.
- Provided education to patients and families on disease process, medications, and self-care management.
- Facilitated referrals to specialists as needed and coordinated follow-up appointments.
- Maintained open communication with referring providers regarding patient progress.
Master of Science in Nursing - Acute Care Nurse Practitioner at Duke University, NCAug 2015 - May 2019
Some skills I've learned are: how to manage complex patients, how to work in a team, how to communicate with patients and families, and how to teach patients about their condition.
- Acute Care
- Nurse Practitioner
- Critical Care Nursing
- Emergency Nursing
- Neonatal Nursing
- Pediatric Nursing
- Gerontological Nursing