Snapchat UX Designer Resume Examples
Published 10 min read
Discover the secrets to crafting an eye-catching resume that will land you the coveted UX Designer role at Snapchat. This comprehensive guide delves into the essential elements, from showcasing your design skills and experience to highlighting your understanding of user-centered design principles. Learn how to impress recruiters with a compelling narrative of your professional journey, demonstrate your expertise in research and collaboration, and stand out by sharing relevant projects and accomplishments. With practical tips on how to tailor your resume for Snapchat's unique culture and requirements, you'll be one step closer to joining their dynamic team of creative problem solvers.
Snapchat UX Designer Resume Created Using Our Resume Builder
Snapchat UX Designer Resume Example
Dyani Willbrand, UX Designer
45 Maple St, Hartford, CT 06106
Innovative UX Designer with 1 year of experience in creating user-centric designs for web and mobile applications. Proficient in conducting user research, creating wireframes, and prototyping. Demonstrates strong problem-solving skills and a keen eye for detail. Passionate about enhancing user experience and committed to delivering exceptional results.
Senior UX Designer at Cigna, CT
Apr 2023 - Present
- Led the redesign of Cigna's mobile app, resulting in a 35% increase in user engagement and a 25% reduction in customer support calls related to app usage.
- Developed and implemented a comprehensive user testing program for Cigna's digital products, which led to a 20% improvement in overall user satisfaction and a 15% decrease in usability issues reported.
- Collaborated with cross-functional teams to create a unified design system, streamlining the design process and reducing the time spent on design tasks by 30%.
- Mentored and trained junior UX designers, leading to a 100% retention rate and a 50% increase in their productivity within six months.
Junior UX Designer at Travelers Insurance, CT
Jul 2022 - Feb 2023
- Reduced customer service call volume by 30% through the redesign of the online claims portal, leading to an estimated cost savings of $500,000 annually for Travelers Insurance in CT.
- Increased user satisfaction scores by 25% for the Travelers Insurance mobile app, resulting from extensive usability testing and iterations based on user feedback.
- Streamlined the online policy purchasing process, leading to a 15% increase in online sales and contributing to a revenue growth of $2 million for the CT branch.
- Implemented accessibility improvements to the company website, ensuring compliance with WCAG 2.1 guidelines and increasing the site's reach to over 10,000 additional users with disabilities.
Bachelor of Arts in User Experience Design at Yale University, New Haven, CT
Aug 2017 - May 2022
Relevant Coursework: Visual Design, Interaction Design, User Research, Information Architecture, UX Design Principles, Design Thinking, Prototyping, Usability Testing, Web Development, and Mobile App Design.
- Adobe XD
- Axure RP
- Certified User Experience Analyst (CXA)
- Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) in XD
Tips for Writing a Better Snapchat UX Designer Resume
1. Start with a strong objective statement: Your resume should begin with a concise and compelling objective statement that highlights your experience, skills, and goals as a Snapchat UX Designer. This will grab the attention of recruiters and encourage them to read further.
2. Focus on relevant experience: When listing your work experience, focus on positions that are relevant to the role of a Snapchat UX Designer. Be sure to highlight any specific projects or accomplishments related to UX design for social media platforms.
3. Showcase your design skills: As a UX designer, it's essential to demonstrate your design expertise in your resume. Include examples of wireframes, prototypes, and final designs you have created for Snapchat or other social media platforms. If possible, provide links to online portfolios or case studies showcasing your work.
4. Highlight technical expertise: In addition to design skills, it's important to showcase your technical proficiency in tools commonly used by UX designers such as Sketch, Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, and InVision. Be sure to mention any coding languages you're familiar with as well.
5. Emphasize collaboration and communication skills: A successful Snapchat UX Designer must be able to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams and communicate their ideas clearly. Highlight any team projects you've worked on and emphasize your ability to work well with others.
6. Use action verbs and quantifiable achievements: When describing your responsibilities and accomplishments in previous roles, use action verbs like "designed," "implemented," or "optimized" to show what you've done rather than simply listing tasks. Where possible, include quantifiable results such as increased user engagement or improved conversion rates.
7. Tailor your resume for each application: To increase the chances of getting an interview, customize your resume for each job application by emphasizing the most relevant skills and experience based on the specific job requirements.
8. Keep it concise and well-organized: Aim for a one-page resume that is easy to read and understand. Use clear headings, bullet points, and consistent formatting to make your resume visually appealing and easy to follow.
9. Proofread carefully: Errors in spelling or grammar can create a negative impression on recruiters. Take the time to carefully proofread your resume before submitting it.
10. Include a cover letter: A well-written cover letter can help you stand out from other applicants by providing additional context for your resume and expressing your enthusiasm for the Snapchat UX Designer role.
Related: UX Developer Resume Examples
Key Skills Hiring Managers Look for on Snapchat UX Designer Resumes
Incorporating keywords from the job description in your application for a UX Designer role at Snapchat is crucial, as it increases your chances of being noticed by their Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS). These systems are designed to filter and rank applications based on relevant keywords that match the requirements of the position. By carefully analyzing the job description and tailoring your resume and cover letter to include relevant skills, experiences, and terminology, you can significantly improve your chances of passing through the ATS filters and securing an interview with Snapchat. Not only does this demonstrate your attention to detail but also showcases your genuine interest in the role and understanding of what the company is looking for in a UX Designer.
When applying for UX designer positions at Snapchat, you may encounter common skills and key terms such as wireframing, prototyping, user research, usability testing, information architecture, interaction design, and visual design.
|Key Skills and Proficiencies|
|User research||Information architecture|
|Usability testing||Design thinking|
|User-centered design||UX writing and microcopy|
|Accessibility and inclusive design||UI patterns and design systems|
|Responsive and mobile-first design||Cross-platform design (web, mobile, wearables)|
|User flows and journey mapping||Storytelling and scenario creation|
|Data-driven design and analytics||Collaboration and teamwork|
|Communication and presentation skills||Time management and organization|
|Empathy for users||Adaptability to new technologies|
Common Action Verbs for Snapchat UX Designer Resumes
Crafting a compelling resume for a Snapchat UX Designer position can be quite challenging, especially when it comes to finding different action verbs to showcase your skills and accomplishments. Using the same generic verbs repeatedly can make your resume monotonous and less impactful. To create an impressive Snapchat UX Designer Resume, it is crucial to use varied action verbs that accurately describe your abilities and experiences. This will not only help you stand out from other candidates but also demonstrate your creativity and attention to detail, which are essential qualities for a successful UX Designer.
To provide you with a competitive advantage, we've assembled a collection of impactful action verbs that can enhance your resume and secure your next interview:
Related: What does a UX Developer do?