Microsoft Software Engineer Resume Examples
This article provides examples of effective Microsoft software engineer resumes, as well as tips for creating one that stands out from the competition.
Published 8 min read
This article will provide an overview of how to write a resume for Microsoft as a Software Engineer. It will cover topics such as the best ways to showcase your skills, what keywords and phrases to include, and how to highlight your experience in order to put your best foot forward and stand out from other applicants.
Microsoft Software Engineer Resume Created Using Our Resume Builder
Microsoft Software Engineer Resume Example
Ijeoma Mcgilbra, Software Engineer
Software Engineer II at Microsoft, CT
Dec 2022 - Present
- Developed a new software suite for Microsoft’s Office 365 platform that was released to over 10 million users, resulting in a 10% increase in user engagement.
- Collaborated with the engineering team to create a web-based application for the Windows 10 operating system that improved the user experience by 20%.
- Led the development of an artificial intelligence-based chatbot that provided customer support services to over 200,000 customers, resulting in a 25% increase in customer satisfaction ratings.
- Optimized an existing application for Microsoft’s Azure cloud platform, resulting in a 30% increase in performance and scalability.
Software Engineer I at IBM, CT
Jul 2020 - Oct 2022
- Developed an AI-powered chatbot for IBM’s customer service department, reducing average customer response times by 25% (from 4 minutes to 3 minutes).
- Developed a new algorithm that improved the accuracy of IBM’s facial recognition software from 90% to 99%.
- Led a team of 5 engineers in developing a new web application for IBM’s internal operations, reducing processing time by 40% (from 45 minutes to 27 minutes).
- Created a machine learning model for IBM’s customer service department, which increased customer satisfaction ratings by 20% (from 70% to 90%).
Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering at University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT
Sep 2015 - May 2020
Relevant Coursework: Courses in software engineering, programming languages, computer networks, operating systems, and software architecture.
- Data Structures
- Software Design & Architecture
- Database Management
- Debugging & Troubleshooting
- Version Control
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
Tips for Writing a Better Microsoft Software Engineer Resume
2. Showcase Your Problem-Solving Abilities: Employers want to know that you can think on your feet and solve complex problems quickly and efficiently. Be sure to include any examples of how you solved a difficult problem or implemented a new system in your previous roles.
3. Demonstrate Your Collaboration Skills: As a software engineer at Microsoft, effective collaboration is essential for success. Showcase any team projects you have worked on and explain how your contributions helped to drive the project forward.
4. Highlight Your Achievements: Employers want to see concrete evidence of your successes so make sure to include any awards or certifications you have achieved in past roles or through independent study.
5. Use Keywords: Microsoft is an international company with thousands of employees who use keywords when searching for potential candidates online – make sure yours stands out by including relevant keywords throughout your resume!
Related: Software Engineer Resume Examples
Key Skills Hiring Managers Look for on Microsoft Software Engineer Resumes
Incorporating keywords from the job description when applying for a Software Engineer opportunity at Microsoft is key, as the company uses Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) to help them quickly and effectively identify qualified applicants. ATS are programmed to search resumes for specific keywords related to the job position, so including relevant words and phrases in your application can help ensure that your resume is seen by recruiters. Therefore, it is important to review the job description carefully and tailor your resume accordingly in order to maximize your chances of being selected for an interview.
When applying for a software engineering role at Microsoft, you may come across common skills and key terms such as those listed below.
|Key Skills and Proficiencies|
|Data Structures||Object-Oriented Design|
|Database Management||Software Testing|
|System Design||Cloud Computing|
|Networking||Version Control Systems (Git, SVN)|
|Agile Methodologies||Automation Tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet)|
|Scripting Languages (Python, Bash)||Linux/Unix Administration|
|Containers (Docker, Kubernetes)||Security Principles|
|Mobile Application Development||Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning|
|DevOps Practices||Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery|
Related: Software Engineer Skills: Definition and Examples
Common Action Verbs for Microsoft Software Engineer Resumes
Finding the right action verbs to use on a resume can be difficult and time consuming. However, it is important to use varied verbs in order to create a Microsoft Software Engineer Resume that stands out from the competition. Using action verbs such as “Developed”, “Designed”, and “Engineered” can help to effectively showcase your skills and accomplishments. Additionally, utilizing words such as “Optimized”, “Improved”, and “Implemented” will further demonstrate your achievements in the software engineering field. Ultimately, by using targeted language that accurately describes your experience and expertise, you can create an impactful Microsoft Software Engineer Resume.
Gain a competitive advantage with this list of powerful action verbs to strengthen your resume and increase your chances of landing the next interview:
Related: What does a Software Engineer do?