Microsoft Network Engineer Resume Examples
This article provides examples of resumes for Microsoft Network Engineers, highlighting key skills and experience to help job seekers create an effective resume.
Published 9 min read
This article will provide an overview of how to create a resume for a Network Engineer position with Microsoft. It will cover the necessary qualifications and experience that should be included, as well as tips for highlighting relevant skills and creating an effective summary statement. Additionally, it will discuss strategies for creating a resume tailored specifically to Microsoft's needs and expectations.
Microsoft Network Engineer Resume Created Using Our Resume Builder
Microsoft Network Engineer Resume Example
Suzy Colemon, Network Engineer
I am an experienced Network Engineer with over 3 years of experience in designing, implementing, and maintaining networks and systems. I possess a strong understanding of network protocols, routing and switching, security, and wireless LANs. My experience and expertise allow me to effectively troubleshoot and resolve any problems that arise. I have proven skills in managing the installation, configuration, and maintenance of IT equipment, providing technical support to users and other departments, and ensuring network stability and availability. I am knowledgeable in the areas of network architecture, LAN/WAN technologies, and network security. Additionally, I have an in-depth understanding of network monitoring and assessment tools, such as Wireshark, SolarWinds, and Splunk. I have an excellent ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team to meet deadlines and objectives.
Network Engineer at AK Network Services, AK
Dec 2022 - Present
- Successfully implemented a new network infrastructure for AK Network Services, resulting in an increase in network performance of 30%.
- Designed and implemented a fail-safe system that ensured optimal network uptime of 99.9% for the company.
- Developed and deployed a secure, private cloud solution for AK Network Services that allowed for improved collaboration between employees across multiple locations.
- Led a team of engineers in the implementation of a state-of-the-art VoIP system that improved communication efficiency by 25%.
Network Engineer I at Arctic IT Solutions LLC, AK
Sep 2020 - Oct 2022
- Successfully designed, implemented, and maintained a secure, high-speed fiber optic network for Arctic IT Solutions LLC, AK. This included the installation of over 100 miles of fiber optic cable and the setup of more than 400 network devices.
- Developed and implemented an innovative cloud-based network security system that reduced the company’s vulnerability to attack by up to 85%.
- Improved the company’s network performance by 50% by optimizing routing protocols and network traffic flow.
- Upgraded the company’s wireless network to 802.11n, resulting in a tenfold increase in data transfer speeds.
Bachelor of Science in Network Engineering at University of Alaska Anchorage
Aug 2016 - May 2020
Relevant Coursework: Networking Technologies, Network Design and Administration, Network Security, Cloud Computing, Network Infrastructure, Network Protocols, and Troubleshooting.
- Network Design
- Routing & Switching
- Firewall Configuration
- Security Protocols
- Network Monitoring
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- CompTIA Network+ Certification
Tips for Writing a Better Microsoft Network Engineer Resume
1. Highlight Your Technical Skills: As a Microsoft Network Engineer, you will need to be highly proficient in specific software and technologies. Make sure to showcase your experience with these tools on your resume, as well as any certifications or training courses you have taken related to them.
2. Mention Your Relevant Projects: Showing employers that you have successfully completed network engineering projects is a great way to demonstrate your expertise. Include information about the projects you’ve worked on and the results they achieved, such as increased efficiency and cost savings.
3. Demonstrate Your Soft Skills: In addition to technical skills, employers are looking for network engineers with strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities. Make sure to highlight any soft skills you possess, such as communication and team collaboration, that could be beneficial in this role.
4. Utilize Keywords: Using appropriate keywords throughout your resume can help ensure that it gets noticed by potential employers who are using applicant tracking systems (ATS) for their hiring process. Review job postings for keywords related to the position and incorporate them into your resume where applicable.
5. Format Strategically: To catch an employer’s eye, make sure that your resume is organized clearly and concisely with headings, bullet points, and white space to break up text blocks. This will make it easier for recruiters to quickly scan through the document and pick out important information about you as a candidate.
Related: Network Engineer Resume Examples
Key Skills Hiring Managers Look for on Microsoft Network Engineer Resumes
When applying for a Network Engineer opportunity at Microsoft, it is important to incorporate keywords from the job description into your application. This is because Microsoft uses an Applicant Tracking System (ATS) to scan resumes and applications for relevant keywords. If your application does not contain the necessary keywords from the job description, it may be overlooked by the ATS and you may miss out on this great opportunity. Therefore, make sure to include key words and phrases that are related to the position in order to increase your chances of being selected for an interview.
When applying for a network engineer position at Microsoft, you may encounter common skills and key terms such as those listed below.
|Key Skills and Proficiencies|
|Network Design||Network Security|
|DNS/DHCP Configuration||Load Balancing|
|Wireless Networks||Network Monitoring & Troubleshooting|
|System Administration||Network Automation|
|Quality of Service (QoS)||VoIP Systems|
|Scripting Languages (e.g., Python, PowerShell)||Network Performance Tuning & Optimization|
|Storage Area Networks (SANs)||Network Capacity Planning|
Common Action Verbs for Microsoft Network Engineer Resumes
Finding different action verbs to use on a Microsoft Network Engineer resume can be challenging. However, it is important to use varied verbs in order to create an effective and eye-catching resume. Action verbs such as “implemented”, “configured”, and “developed” are all great choices for a Microsoft Network Engineer resume. Furthermore, using words like “collaborated” and “monitored” can help emphasize the candidate's interpersonal skills. Ultimately, by using varied action verbs, a Microsoft Network Engineer resume will be more appealing to potential employers.
To give you an advantage in the job market, we've compiled a list of impactful action verbs that can be used to bolster your resume and secure your next job interview:
Related: What does a Network Engineer do?