Microsoft IT Infrastructure Architect Resume Examples
This article provides examples of Microsoft IT Infrastructure Architect resumes, highlighting the skills and experience necessary to be successful in this role.
Updated 10 min read
This article will provide guidance on how to write a resume for Microsoft as an IT Infrastructure Architect. It will cover topics such as what to include in the resume, how to tailor it for the specific role, and tips for highlighting your skills and experience that are relevant to the job. Additionally, this article will provide advice on how to showcase your accomplishments and use specific language that is most likely to capture the attention of Microsoft recruiters.
Microsoft IT Infrastructure Architect Resume Created Using Our Resume Builder
Microsoft IT Infrastructure Architect Resume Example
Elleanna Siddell, IT Infrastructure Architect
I am an experienced IT Infrastructure Architect with over 6 years of experience in the development and implementation of secure IT systems. I have a proven track record of success in designing and implementing complex systems, project management, network administration, and technical troubleshooting. My expertise in designing secure infrastructures, developing and maintaining systems, and providing technical support to users has been instrumental in resolving operational issues in a timely and efficient manner. I have extensive experience with servers, cloud-based systems, storage, networking, and virtualization. I am proficient in the use of various operating systems such as Windows, Linux, and Mac OS and have a thorough understanding of various protocols such as TCP/IP, DNS, and SSH. Additionally, I am knowledgeable in the latest technologies, including Cloud Computing, DevOps, and automation. I am also a highly organized problem solver with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. My ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to develop and execute IT strategies that meet business objectives has been a key factor in the successful implementation of projects. Overall, I am an experienced IT Infrastructure Architect with the ability to design, develop, and implement secure IT systems that meet business objectives. I am a reliable and detail-oriented individual who is passionate about delivering high-quality results.
Senior IT Infrastructure Architect at Dell Technologies, DE
Oct 2022 - Present
- Developed and implemented a new IT infrastructure architecture for Dell Technologies, DE, resulting in a 25% improvement in data processing speeds.
- Developed a cost-effective network architecture that reduced total IT costs by 15%, while still providing high-quality services.
- Redesigned the existing server infrastructure, resulting in a 20% reduction in downtime and improved system performance.
- Negotiated contracts with third-party vendors that saved the company an estimated 10% on IT hardware and software purchases.
IT Infrastructure Architect II at NTT Data, DE
Aug 2021 - Aug 2022
- Developed a cloud-based IT system that reduced NTT Data, DE’s IT infrastructure costs by 15% in one year.
- Implemented a secure, automated system for patching and updating servers, resulting in a 25% decrease in system downtime.
- Developed a virtualization strategy that increased the company’s server utilization rate by 30%, reducing their hardware footprint.
- Designed an active directory structure that allowed NTT Data, DE to securely integrate with external partners, resulting in a 20% increase in collaboration.
IT Infrastructure Architect I at Infor, DE
Jul 2017 - Jun 2021
- Consolidated and optimized Infor DE's IT Infrastructure, reducing operational costs by 25% over a period of 12 months.
- Developed and implemented a virtualization strategy for Infor DE's IT Infrastructure, resulting in a 50% reduction in physical server requirements.
- Automated the deployment of Infor DE's entire IT infrastructure using DevOps tools and techniques, resulting in an 80% reduction in deployment time.
- Implemented a cloud-based storage solution for Infor DE's IT Infrastructure, resulting in a 70% reduction in storage costs.
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology Infrastructure Architecture at Delaware Technical Community College, Newark, DE
Aug 2013 - May 2017
Relevant Coursework: Network Architecture, Systems Administration, Operating Systems, Database Design, Web Development, Cybersecurity, IT Project Management.
- Cloud Computing
- System Design
- Data Management
- Project Management
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Enterprise Architect (CEA)
Tips for Writing a Better Microsoft IT Infrastructure Architect Resume
1. Highlight Your Technical Skills: Your resume should showcase your technical skills, such as knowledge of network topologies, server architecture, and storage technologies. Include specific certifications or certifications-in-progress to demonstrate that you have the necessary qualifications for the job.
2. Emphasize Your Professional Experience: Make sure that your professional experience stands out on your resume. List any past IT infrastructure architect roles in detail, including the projects you completed and the technologies you worked with.
3. Showcase Relevant Soft Skills: As an IT infrastructure architect, it is important to demonstrate that you have soft skills such as problem-solving, communication, and project management capabilities. List any relevant soft skills you possess and provide examples of how you’ve used them in past positions or projects.
4. Customize Your Resume for Each Position: With each position you apply for, make sure to customize your resume to match the job requirements listed in the posting. This will show potential employers that you took the time to really understand what they are looking for and have tailored your application accordingly.
5. Use Keywords: Many employers now use applicant tracking systems (ATS) when reviewing resumes before deciding which candidates to interview. To ensure that your resume gets noticed by these systems, include keywords found in the job description throughout your document—but be sure not to overdo it!
Related: Infrastructure Architect Resume Examples
Key Skills Hiring Managers Look for on Microsoft IT Infrastructure Architect Resumes
Including keywords from the job description in your application for an IT Infrastructure Architect role at Microsoft is essential, as it ensures that your resume will be recognized by Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS). ATS are used by recruiters to quickly and easily identify potential candidates that meet the criteria of a particular role. By incorporating relevant keywords into your resume, you can ensure that your skills and qualifications are properly highlighted and that you stand out amongst other applicants.
When applying for IT Infrastructure Architect positions at Microsoft, one may encounter common skills and key terms such as system design, network architecture, cloud computing, data storage, cybersecurity, and automation.
|Key Skills and Proficiencies|
|Troubleshooting||Data Center Management|
|Network Design and Architecture||Scripting and Automation|
|Server Administration||Database Administration|
|Active Directory||Disaster Recovery Planning|
|Capacity Planning||Firewalls and VPNs|
|Network Monitoring||IT Infrastructure Optimization|
|Windows Server Technologies||Linux/Unix Administration|
|Automation Tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet)||Network Protocols (TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS)|
Related: Infrastructure Architect Skills: Definition and Examples
Common Action Verbs for Microsoft IT Infrastructure Architect Resumes
Writing a resume as a Microsoft IT Infrastructure Architect can be challenging, as it's important to use varied action verbs that accurately describe your experience and skills. Using the same words over and over again can make your resume dull and uninteresting. To keep your resume lively and engaging, try to find different ways to express yourself by using different action verbs. For instance, instead of saying "created," you could write "developed" or "constructed." Additionally, try to include a few relevant keywords from job postings that you're interested in. This will help ensure that your resume stands out from the rest and catches the attention of potential employers.
To help you stand out from the competition, we've compiled a list of powerful action verbs that can be used to enhance your resume and increase your chances of landing an interview: