How to Write A Helicopter Pilot Resume: Sample Format, Tips and Resources
Whether you want to become a helicopter pilot or are already in the field, this article is perfect for you.
Helicopters are the most common form of air transportation worldwide, and are becoming more popular as people seek to experience the beauty of a helicopter ride. The main job for a helicopter pilot is to transport passengers and cargo from one place to another, using helicopters that have fixed-wing airplanes attached.
To be successful in this field, it’s important to have experience and know what helicopters are suited for different types of flights. This means knowing how long it takes for a helicopter to take off, how many passengers can fit on board, what makes up an average day’s work, etc. If you want to become a helicopter pilot in your career, here are some things you should know before you start your job search.
Helicopter Pilot Resume Format
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Date of Birth
- Education (Highest level obtained)
- Work Experience (Employer, Position Hired, Date Hired)
- Skills and Qualifications: Includes skills related to the job, as well as experience relevant to previous positions. Additionally, list any certifications or licenses obtained. You may also include information about languages spoken and any computer or technology skills you have.
Helicopter Pilot Job Description
Helicopters are not just for transporting people from one place to another. Helicopter pilots often fly into dangerous, remote regions of the world in order to rescue stranded or injured travelers and provide relief for those in need. This is where helicopter pilots experience some of their most intense scenarios due to the difficult terrain they must navigate.
A helicopter pilot’s job description can vary depending on their location and the work they do. In general, helicopter pilots follow a predetermined flight plan that includes taking off, landing, and navigating through a series of obstacles while performing other tasks such as inspecting objects or collecting samples. When it comes to locating specific places, helicopter pilots rely on instruments like radar or GPS navigation to help them find their destination.
Not only does being a helicopter pilot require skill and experience, but it also requires specialized equipment and tools that help them complete the necessary tasks. This equipment includes aviation headsets with microphones so that they can communicate with other nearby helicopters and work as part of a team. Helicopter pilots also use high-tech computers with cameras that facilitate live streaming video from their aircraft to make sure everything goes smoothly during landings and take-offs.
Tips for Writing a Good Resume
There are some factors that will make your resume stand out, like making sure it is clear and concise, includes all the relevant information about you and your skills, and has a high-quality cover letter attached to it.
A good resume should be around one page in length and should not exceed seven pages. While the design of your resume may vary, most resumes are black text on white paper. It's also important to do a good job of formatting your resume so that it appears professional and aesthetically pleasing, but does not take away from the content.
Here's how to write a good resume:
- Know what type of helicopter you want to get into.
- Include all relevant experience on your resume.
- Outline what you can bring to the company in which you're applying for a job via bullet points or short phrases.
- Be sure that the information on your resume is up-to-date and accurate by having someone proofread it before submitting it.
- Include relevant qualifications; these include any certifications or degrees you have received as well as any work experience you've had or skills you have developed through internships or volunteering experiences.
- Showcase your writing skills with an appropriate cover
Resources and Other Helpful Information
Before becoming a helicopter pilot, it’s important to prepare yourself with the right information. Here are some resources that will help you understand what this career entails.
To learn more about how helicopters work, check out our blog post on how helicopters fly. To learn more about licensing requirements and the various types of licenses available, read our article on helicopter licenses. If you want a quick introduction to what helicopter pilots do each day, read our blog post on working as a helicopter pilot.
If you are considering becoming a helicopter pilot, it’s important to know what types of helicopters are used in the industry. Read this blog post to learn more about the different types of helicopters and their uses.
How to Write Resume Objective or Resume Summary for Helicopter Pilot
To start, you need to have some experience in order to be able to land a helicopter pilot position. If you don't have any experience yet, you might want to go back and get your pilot's license before you apply for a job.
The next step is deciding what type of helicopter pilot you want to be. For example, if you're looking into helicopter pilots for offshore work, then you'll need to know how many people can fit on board a helicopter and how long it takes from the time that the engine starts up until it leaves the ground.
When writing your resume objective or resume summary, talk about your interest in aviation and helicopters specifically. Tell employers that you're interested in either starting off as an intern or being hired by them as an entry-level employee.
A helicopter pilot career requires a specific degree, which is why you should be aware of the education requirements. The most common degrees required for this career path are a college degree in aviation or aeronautical engineering, and an associate’s degree in aviation management. It's not uncommon to have a bachelor’s degree as well. Additionally, experience can be taken into account when applying to become a helicopter pilot.
You should also know what it takes to become a helicopter pilot so that you can determine if this job is right for you. For example, the average day of work for pilots typically consists of flying around and transporting people from one place to another. This means that before you start your job search, you should know how long it takes for helicopters to take off and land, what types of passengers they transport and their qualifications and limitations, etc. You'll also need to know why helicopters are the most effective form of air transportation when considering whether or not this is the perfect career for you
List your Skills as Bullet Points
- Knowledge of helicopters
- Knowledge of fixed wing airplanes
- Knowful of airport operations
- Willingness to travel, be on call and work long hours
- Ability to work in all weather conditions with few breaks for rest periods during the day
- Knowledge of safety procedures and regulations concerning aircraft landing, takeoff and taxiing in airports, as well as aircraft emergency procedures
Write a Cover Letter for your Helicopter Pilot Resume
As the helicopter pilot for ABC Helicopters, I am confident that I would be an asset to your company. My experience as a professional helicopter pilot will enable me to provide you with excellent customer service, safe and quick transportations, and high-quality aircraft maintenance.
I have over eight years of experience in the field of aviation, including serving as Chief Pilot for ABC Helicopters. My experience also includes working on commercial and military helicopters, fixed-wing airplanes, and turbo props. Additionally, I've worked with other companies such as Careflight (Australia), Global Air (Canada), Eurocopter (France), and Airbus Helicopters (Spain).
If you are interested in my skillset, please contact me at the email address below so we can discuss how my career can help you achieve your goals. Thank you!
Key takeaway points
- It takes a long time for a helicopter to take off, so it’s important to know how far you can fly in a single flight.
- One day could be very different from the next because helicopters have different routes and flight plans.
- Helicopters are able to transport their passengers anywhere on earth due to the fact that they hover over land and not just over water like airplanes do.
- Helicopters can only fly during the day, as they’re not capable of taking off at night.
- The pilot will often have a few hours of downtime between flights to help them stay alert and keep their energy levels up for their next flight or two.